Most individual taxpayers will pay less, some substantially less, and the ridiculously complex process of filing tax returns has been simplified. There’s more to do there, but it is a start. Unfortunately, some people living in Socialist high tax “progressive” states, especially New York, New Jersey, and California may pay more because they will no longer be able to deduct confiscatory state and local taxes (including real estate taxes) that exceed $10,000. Time for those people to step up and change their Democrat “leadership” or just pay up with more of their own change.
So, what else has President Trump’s policies done for us? Well:
- eliminated 22 government regulations for every new one put on the books
- repealed the Obamacare “individual mandate,” rendering that wretched program to its deathbed
- created around 2 million new jobs and increased the Gross Domestic Product to over 3%
- brought the stock market to historic highs because of investors’ optimism in the future
- withdrew the United States from the anti-American Paris Climate Accord
- began the phase out of the Deferred Action on Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, unilaterally and unconstitutionally implemented by Barack Obama’s regime
- sent 59 cruise missiles to Bashir Assad in Syria as a reminder not to use chemical weapons
- reinvigorated the coal industry
- finally got the Dakota Access and Keystone XL pipelines moving toward completion and operation
- moved the U.S. embassy in Israel to Jerusalem, the true traditional capital of Israel since antiquity
- made the enforcement of U.S. trade laws a priority
- commissioned border wall prototypes that are now being field tested
- has targeted Central American criminal gangs like MS-13 for elimination and deportation of its members
- added 100 new immigration judges to speed the deportation of illegal aliens
- ordered an overhaul to modernize the digital government
- ordered an audit of the Pentagon
- has made it far, far easier to fire bad employees of the Veterans Administration while protecting whistle blowers and establishing a VA hotline for complaints and expositive information
- imposed a travel ban on countries who are lax about anti-terrorism and official documents security
- changed the rules of engagement for our troops in hostile countries and allowed on-the-ground commanding officers a greater flexibility to fight without needing White House sign-off
- has helped send ISIS, who Barack Obama called a “jay-vee team,” to a proverbial hospice for terrorists
- cut EPA staffing by 700 and revoked that agency’s attempt to commandeer and control streams on private land
- it’s OK to say Merry Christmas instead of “Happy Holidays” once more
All this in eleven months and in the face of unending personal and professional attacks against him and his family by the Fake News Media; who can forget the criticism the First Lady endured over her shoes! when boarding a plane to visit hurricane victims in Houston? Liberal judges block his every move but are overturned when the Supreme Court gets to review their spiteful edicts. How about the unending investigations into nothing and everything by diehard Hillary Clinton supporters masquerading as non-partisan investigators? This may backfire when the Deptartment of Justice looks into actual collusion whereby Hillary Clinton facilitated the sale of 20% of OUR uranium to Russia while pocketing some serious cash for the Clinton Foundation.
And, of course, there is the unrelenting opposition and obstruction from the Democrat Party. They are finding out that Donald Trump in not George Bush and will not countenance rhetorical attacks without returning rhetorical fire. Nancy Pelosi has been reduced to a stuttering fool and Chuck Schumer to nothing more than a nasty sore loser. We now see these “master legislators” are nothing more than political hacks incapable of discussion and principled compromise. They are accustomed to imposing their my-way-or-the-highway approach to governing. It won’t work with President Trump, and it is hilarious to watch as they squirm and trip over their own hypocrisies. The only thing funnier would have been an Al Franken-Jill Stein Democrat presidential ticket.
Lastly, members of the GOP elite/establishment are also learning the hard way that our new President will not tolerate their interference, subterfuge, and sabotage. To Donald Trump, America’s welfare is more important than politicians’ welfare and perks. Slowly, they are coming around while others like Jeff Flake and Bob Corker will not run again knowing Trump will work against them.
Finally, I’m hoping that all those Democrats who have railed on and on opposing the tax reform bill … and by definition that means all Democrats … on various contrived notions and objections will now donate any increases in their personal take home, investment, and royalty income back to the federal government to support their favorite programs. They should press Congress to establish a new federal agency to process and distribute those funds OR just repurpose an existing redundant federal office to assume this new function.
In conclusion, it’s been a heck of a year where Donald Trump has proven to be the master deal maker and indubitable patriot who puts his actions where his mouth is. And there is plenty more to come. Remember, 2018 is the year that Democrats have 24 Senators up for reelection along with 2 “independents” (one of whom ran for the Democrat nomination for President last year!) who caucus with them while Republicans only have 8 seats to defend. Should be fun. So, Merry Christmas, America! We deserve it after enduring 8 years of Barack Obama.
Editor’s Note. Many thanks to Mr. DiLeonardo for the excellent, and handy, summary of President Trump’s first year accomplishments.