On Thanksgiving Day, rail and bus service will operate on holiday schedules (see below for details).
On Friday, November 24, rail and bus service will operate on a regular weekday schedule with normal fare and parking rates in effect.
Regular weekend schedules will be in effect on the Saturday and Sunday following Thanksgiving.
Beginning Saturday, November 25 through Sunday December 10, there will be no Red Line trains operating between Silver Spring and Fort Totten, and Takoma station will be closed
Service information for Thanksgiving Day
- Metrorail: Trains will run on a Sunday schedule on Thanksgiving Day with no scheduled track work. The system will open at 8:00 AM and close at 11:00 PM. Off-peak fares will be in effect all day, and parking will be free at Metro-operated facilities with the exception of a non-rider special event fee at Largo Town Center and Morgan Blvd for the football game.
- Metrobus: Bus service will operate on a Sunday schedule on Thanksgiving Day. Customers should check bus timetables for details.
- MetroAccess: Paratransit service will operate during the same hours as Metrorail and Metrobus. Subscription trips will be cancelled on Thanksgiving Day unless the MetroAccess customer specifically requests to travel on the holiday.
Traveling to/from Washington Dulles International Airport
- Metrobus Route 5A provides direct service between Washington Dulles International Airport and L’Enfant Plaza and Rosslyn Metrorail stations.
- The fare for Route 5A bus service is $7.50 per person ($3.75 for seniors and people with disabilities).
- For detailed schedule information, please view timetable or use Trip Planner.
- Service to Washington Dulles International Airport is also available by taking the Silver Line to Wiehle-Reston East Station and riding the Silver Line Express bus ($5) or the Fairfax County Connector Routes 981 or 983 ($2.00) between the airport and the rail station.
Traveling to/from Washington Union Station (Amtrak, VRE, MARC and Intercity Bus services)
- Union Station is served by Metrorail’s Red Line.
- Use Trip Planner to check train schedules.