Media Release from Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) on October 18, 2017
Public Feedback Sought on Proposed Changes to Existing Fairfax Connector Routes, Establishment of New Express Route
UPDATE: October 18, 2017
**Public comments on the proposed changes will now be accepted until 5:00 PM on Friday, November 10, 2017.**
**Public meetings are set for Thursday, October 19, 2017, at Eagle View Elementary, and Monday, November 6, 2017, at Irving Middle School.**
Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) is seeking public input on a proposed Fairfax Connector express service from Fairfax County Government Center to downtown Washington, D.C.; and on improvements to existing express service from Springfield to the Pentagon, and to Route 463 in Vienna and Tysons.
Proposed Changes Scheduled for December 2017 Implementation
Route 699 – Fairfax County Government Center – Downtown Washington, D.C.
- This new route aims to serve major regional employment and educational centers and will operate from the Fairfax County Government Center.
- Stops in downtown Washington, D.C., include the U.S. Department of State, the World Bank, and the George Washington University campus.
- The service will feature 10 inbound trips in the morning and 10 outbound trips in the afternoon.
- This route will be funded through a multi-modal grant from the Northern Virginia Transportation Commission (NVTC) in conjunction with the I-66 Express Lanes Project.
Route 395 – Gambrill – Pentagon Express
- Proposed improvements include adjustments to the number of morning and afternoon rush-hour trips serving the Backlick Park-and-Ride to address increased demand for service.
Route 463 – Maple Avenue – Vienna
- Proposed improvements include running time adjustments and a reroute on Westpark Drive, International Drive, and Tysons Boulevard to improve schedule reliability.
Opportunities for Public Input
FCDOT will host two outreach event on the proposed changes:
- Thursday, October 19, 2017, from 6:00-8:00 PM, at Eagle View Elementary, 4500 Dixie Hill Road, Fairfax. Transit access: Fairfax Connector Routes 605 and 621.
- **NEW** Monday, November 6, 2017, from 6:00-8:00 PM, at Irving Middle School, 8100 Old Keene Mill Rd, Springfield. Transit access: Fairfax Connector Route 310.
At these event, residents will learn more about the proposed service and will be able to provide feedback. The outreach event location is accessible by taking Fairfax Connector Route 605 or Route 621.
Public comment will be accepted until 5:00 PM on Friday, November 10, 2017. To comment on the proposed route changes riders can also:
- E-mail questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 711.