By School Patrol
REPORT OF JUNE 27 PUBLIC HEARING IN FAIRFAX COUNTY HOSTED BY THE VIRGINIA BOARD OF EDUCATION: Mad Dad vs Dog Man
Fifteen concerned parents, grandparents, and taxpayers stormed the Public Hearing sponsored by the Virginia Board of Education on June 27 who traveled to Fairfax County to obtain feedback on education related issues. And wow, did they get an earful and lesson on all the problems in the Fairfax County Public Schools as created by the out-of-control majority on the school board.
Dog Excrement now the Standard of Excellence in Education in Fairfax County Public Schools
The first speaker was a Mad Dad named David who told the Board he and his wife were just another overworked, financial struggling family just trying to survive, but did not feel or see a need to intervene in the public schools until the May 2015 decision rammed through in two short weeks without an impact analysis or waivers in allowing males into girls bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers.
Upon investigation of how such an ill-conceived and hasty decision could be made, he met other parents and citizens who shared there are many problems hidden from the public with regards to the health, safety, environment, and quality of the schools being created by a reckless and out-of-control school board.
He then exemplified the severity of the problem of age inappropriate material to the Virginia Board of Education by providing excerpts from a book called Dog Man (see sample from book below) which his 2nd grade child was encouraged to bring home and read from the elementary school library, which contained on page 124 a detailed graphic description of characters playing with dog excrement and smashing it around with their hands as part of a big humorous joke. The Mad Dad then said it was an “utter disgrace” for the school system to encourage a child to read the celebration of dog excrement as one of the first books a child should read. He then inquired if this was the new standard of educational excellence in the Fairfax County Public Schools.
There were three school board members in attendance at the June 27 Public Hearing (Patty Hynes, Jane Strauss, and Dalia Palchik). After having to sit through and endure the Mad Dad, Patty Hynes left the public hearing early appearing to have had enough (or better things to do than to listen to public feedback and criticism).
There are 250 copies of Dog Man in the Fairfax County school libraries (costing $2,500), as well as many copies of “I am Jazz” (transgender propaganda), “Drama (by Raina Telgemeier)” (homosexual propaganda) that are now circulating in the elementary schools, in ever increasing quantities. There are also 25 copies of Two Boys Kissing in the Fairfax County Middle Schools.
More than a Dozen Eloquent Speakers Testify at the Public Hearing provided by the Virginia Board of Education
Mad Dad was just the warmup act for more than a dozen other tremendous speakers who gave wind for our sail, pride for cause, and powder for our cannons. Highlights include:
- Fred, who gave up his evening to celebrate his 58th Wedding Anniversary that day with his wife because he said it was more important to his wife and him that they speak out on why marriage is important. He then outlined how many of society’s problems and suffering could be eliminated if society just emphasized, educated, and encouraged male-female marriage. He then said the goal of the FLE (Sex Ed) should not be on sexual recreation, but to reduce divorce to 1%.
- Similarly, a father named John stated that the FLE (Sex Ed) should be completely re-evaluated and assessed as it appears to do more harm than good in some, possibly many, areas.
Another citizen named Ed testified how what the schools are teaching in FLE (Sex Ed) does not meet scientific and medical standards for truth and accuracy, as he can personally testify to the harm and negative impacts they have had on his life.
- A grandfather named Jack highlighted all the problems from the school system pushing transgenderism, including stating that the school system is creating an unlimited number of liabilities by reckless experimenting and endangering the 99% of the normal and healthy student population with false and misleading information, unproven and risky theories, and a large increase of new vulnerable situations that did not exist before.
- An educator and mother named Cathy took it further by not just pointing out how poorly thought out is the schools’ decision to promote allowing males into female bathrooms, showers, and locker rooms, but lampooning the absurdities.
- Monique exposed the annual objectives of the FLE (Sex Ed) written in the Spring are so broad and ambiguous that they allow for a wide range of interpretations, and that parents are misled into believing that the public is allowed to review and scrutinize the actual FLE (Sex Ed) material before it is presented and distributed in the classrooms (which is simply not the case).
- An educator and mother named Kathryn stated that a main responsibility of the school board is to keep the public informed, but this school board has consistently done the opposite, specially in its promoting of transgender ideology, where they secretly colluded with outside activists, shut out the public, rigged a vote, refused to disclose the name or payment arrangements of a transgender consultant they hired, and his final report—despite repeated requests.
- Another mother and educator named Kathleen pointed out how the FCSB has gone off track and is not focused on the Virginia Board of Education mission.
- A father named Mike with young children in the public schools illustrated how the school budget keeps soaring year after year while greatly outpacing inflation, but somehow the school administrators work lavishly is a glass crystal sky rise palace while his son is forced to take classes in a third world trailer.
- A father named Andre advised the Board of Education that if one is to rename schools anywhere in the State, then one should avoid all the pitfalls and failings the Fairfax County School Board has demonstrated.
- A mother named Laurel was stunned at the amount of time and money wasted by the school board on non-education related topics, and believes they need to go as they are too irresponsible.
- And lastly, a mother named Meg stated that there were endless problems with the FCPS that she could talk and advise the Board of Education on, but said she was limited to only three minutes.
In total, more than half of the speakers in front of the Virginia Board of Education completely embarrassed and undressed the Fairfax County School Board in front of their higher level peers (which included Dr. Cannaday). However, even if they have no shame, the effort by the speakers showed parents, grandparents, and concerned citizens have had enough and politicians and public officials are being put on notice in the State.
The June 27 Public Hearing was not televised or video recorded, but most of the speakers submitted copies of their remarks for the public record and further reflection by the Virginia Board of Education.
Copy of the Full Testimony of Parent Mad Dad at the Virginia Board of Education Public Hearing on June 27, 2017