Media Release from Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) on June 6, 2017
Celebrate Fairfax!, Northern Virginia’s largest community celebration, will take place June 9-11, 2017, at the Fairfax County Government Center. Fairfax Connector will operate free shuttle service between nearby parking lots and the Fairfax County Government Center from Friday, June 9, through Sunday, June 11. Fairfax Connector passengers should also note that detours will be in place at the Government Center beginning Wednesday, June 7, through Sunday, June 11.
Detours at Government Center
Routes 605, 621, and 623
- Wednesday, June 7, through Sunday, June 11, 2016.
- Buses will bypass stops at the Government Center main building and park-and-ride.
- Passengers should board and exit buses at stops along Government Center Parkway west of Forum Drive, or along Post Forest Road between Government Center Parkway and Legato Road.
Free Shuttle Service
Purple Shuttle (Fair Lakes)
- Buses will operate approximately every 5-10 minutes to and from the Fair Lakes area. Board buses at a parking lot along the north side of Fair Lakes Circle west of Roger Stover Drive (across Fair Lakes Circle from Dick’s Sporting Goods-East Market). Parking is free.
- Purple shuttle buses will operate:
o Friday, June 9 beginning at 4:00 PM; Saturday, June 10 beginning at 8:30 AM; and Sunday, June 11 beginning at 9:30 AM.
o Shuttle buses operate until 30 minutes after event closing.
Red Shuttle (Fair Oaks Mall)
- Buses will operate every 5-10 minutes to and from Fair Oaks Mall. Board buses across from the Elevation Burger mall entrance or across from the Cheesecake Factory mall entrance. Parking is free.
- Red shuttle buses will operate:
o Friday, June 9 beginning at 4 p.m.; Saturday, June 10 beginning at 8:30 a.m.; and Sunday, June 11 beginning at 9:30 a.m.
o Shuttle buses operate until 30 minutes after event closing
For more information, riders can:
- Visit www.fairfaxconnector.com; or connect with us onFacebook or Twitter;
- E-mail email@example.com; or
- Call 703-339-7200, TTY 703-339-1608.