By Congressman Dave Brat (R, VA-7)
I’ve been on the front lines in the fight for conservative principles and fiscally-responsible policies that will make your life better and create a better future for our children. I’m grateful and proud to have received recognition from the following organizations for my efforts:
Excerpt from “Friends of Dave Brat, Inc.” message dated April 2, 2017
“Guardian of Small Business Award” and 100% Scorecard Rating
National Federation of Independent Business, 2016
“Taxpayers’ Friend Award,” 2016 National Taxpayers Union
“Friend of the Farm Bureau Award,” 2016
“Taxpayer Hero,” Council of Citizens Against Government Waste, 2016
Heritage Action Scorecard, 94% Rating
Conservative Review Scorecard, 100% Rating
National Right to Life, 100% Rating
Americans for Prosperity, 100% Rating
FreedomWorks, 100% Rating
Gun Owners of America, “A” Rating
My #1 objective is be someone who delivers desperately-needed reforms, not a rubber stamp on the status quo. And, already, just a few months into my second term in Congress, I have:
- Cosponsored legislation that would help “drain the swamp” by limiting members of Congress to three terms;
- Cosponsored legislation that requires congressional approval before any major rule or regulation can go into effect—legislation that will protect businesses and employees from costly regulations that result in lost jobs;
- Introduced a bill that would expand personal Health Savings Accounts, which would provide consumers with more options and control over their own healthcare;
- Cosponsored numerous bills to reform immigration polices, including legislation blocking federal funding to sanctuary cities; and a bipartisan bill that would reduce fraud and abuse in our work visa (H-1B and L-1) programs;
- Voted to repeal last-minute Obama regulations that would have damaged our economy and put an even larger burden on the backs of our small businesses;
- Voted for law to improve Veterans Health Care;
- Introduced legislation to make all laws passed by Congress since 1789 available online in a modern, searchable format;
- Voted to permanently ban taxpayer funding of abortions; and;
- Voted for the budget framework necessary to fully repeal Obamacare.
No doubt, getting a good grade from a well respected group is important, but the most important grade I can get is yours.
I want to know what grade you would give me for my work in Congress to date. Would you please take just one minute out of your busy schedule to grade my performance?
I’d also like to hear any additional comments that you have, and there is room for that on the survey form. Let me know your top priorities. Your feedback is vitally important and helps ensure that I am focused on the issues that matter most to you and your family.
My votes are easy to predict: I vote in line with the principles of the Virginia Republican Creed. From repeal of Obamacare, to tax reduction and tax reform, to getting rid of regulations that slow our economy, you know that I won’t give up until we’ve succeeded.
Thank you for allowing me the honor of serving you in Congress.