The exercise, which will take place inside the tunnel between Navy Yard and Anacostia stations, will simulate real-world conditions to test coordination and communication between on-scene responders, Metrorail operations staff, Metro Transit Police, and support personnel.
The exercise will begin at 8:30 AM and is expected to conclude no later than 2:00 PM.
Metro conducts quarterly drills with emergency responders throughout the region. In addition to Metro Transit Police and Metrorail operations personnel, DC Fire, and EMS, and the Metropolitan Police Department will also participate in the event. More than 100 emergency responders and volunteers are expected to participate.
- Navy Yard station will remain open; however, the Half Street entrance will be closed until the event concludes. All Metro customers using Navy Yard Station will be directed to use the New Jersey Avenue entrance.
- Green Line trains will use a single-track between Navy Yard and Anacostia from approximately 7:00 AM until 2:00 PM. Minor delays in service are possible.
- Metro will notify customers when normal service resumes via email, text message, and social media. To receive notification, sign up for MetroAlerts.
- Metrobus service in the area is expected to operate normally.
- Members of the public in the area of Navy Yard Station may notice a large number of emergency vehicles on site. Please be assured that this is only a drill.