Media Release from Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) on March 20, 2017
Fairfax County Department of Transportation (FCDOT) will host a community meeting on the Sleepy Hollow Road Walkway project on Wednesday, March 29, 2017, at 7:00 PM, in the main community room of the Mason District Office, 6507 Columbia Pike, Annandale. This project will upgrade pedestrian facilities adjacent to Sleepy Hollow Road between Bay Tree Lane and Castle Place.
The new pedestrian facility will include:
- A 2,200 ft. concrete sidewalk along the east side of Sleepy Hollow Road between Eppard Street and Aspen Lane.
- A 1,700 ft. concrete sidewalk along the west side of Sleepy Hollow Road between Marlo Drive and Eppard Street.
- A 500 ft. concrete sidewalk along the east side of Sleepy Hollow Road, north of Valley Brook Drive.
- Several pedestrian crossing point upgrades on Sleepy Hollow Road including at Bay Tree Lane, Dearborn Drive, Kennedy Lane, Kerns Road, Eppard Street, Aspen Lane, and Castle Place.
- Other infrastructure improvements including curb and gutter, curb ramps, driveway entrances, retaining walls, drainage improvements, roadway and signage modifications.
Area residents along with other interested parties are invited to review and discuss the project. FCDOT staff will be available before the formal presentation from 6:00–7:00 PM, as well as after the presentation to answer questions and hear feedback.
For more information on the project, including maps and display boards, visit here.
Fairfax County Transportation News and Information
Anna K. Nissinen, Head of Communications, Fairfax County Department of Transportation, via e-mail I Call 703-877-5606, TTY 711 (direct) I 571-446-9940, TTY 711 (cell) I 703-268-8953, TTY 711 (after hours)