Recently he said:
… I promise you, nothing is ‘normal’ about what is happening in America today. It is all smoke and mirrors—the result of an out-of-control government experiment with our money supply.
After all (he asked) how can it be ‘normal’ when …
- Roughly 75% of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck, with essentially zero savings, according to a recent study by Bankrate.
- The ‘labor force participation rate’ (basically the percentage of able-bodied people who are actually working) has fallen every year since 2007 and at the end of 2015 was at its lowest level since the 1970s. (Source: The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics)
- The number of people on food stamps has basically doubled since Barack Obama took office … and when half of all children born today will be on food stamps at some point in their life? Yes, you read that correctly: Roughly 50% of all children born in America today will be on food stamps at some point in their lifetime.
- An incredible 49% of Americans are receiving benefits from at least one government program every single month?
- Can our country really be back to ‘normal’ when, 49% of Americans are receiving benefits from at least one government program every single month, according to the most recent numbers from the Census Bureau,
- Or when 52% of all American workers make less than $30,000 a year?
Can things really be ‘normal’ in America when at one point, a single U.S. government-controlled agency (the Federal Reserve) was purchasing up to 70% of the bonds issued by the U.S. Treasury—simply by creating money out of thin air?
Or when the ‘too-big-to-fail-banks’ that got bailed out in 2007 are actually 25% larger than they were back then?
And how can things be normal when our country’s money supply has increased by 400% since 2006—all just printed out of thin air.
The nature of this crisis will have a huge impact on the Trump administration’s approach to restoring the economy. Beyond cutting taxes, making government more business friendly, and taming the out-of-control government regulation of the economy, he’s going to have to repair the broad, deep structural issues that have built up over a very long period of time.
Things can never be “normal” again. The degeneration of our economic and political institutions are so far gone that, as had been noted in The Fourth Turning, their replacement is required. As a people we must pray, and ask God to bless President Trump and his administration with the wisdom, integrity, and the tenacity necessary to give birth to the institutional fixes that will again meet peoples needs.
For further financial warnings by Stansberry, please see here.