The Fairfax County Republican Committee (FCRC) has a need for Poll Watchers to support the 34th District Special Election on January 6, 2015, to replace Congresswoman-elect Barbara Comstock as a Delegate in the House of Delegates.
Poll Watchers serve two purposes:
- To identify the voters who have already voted, and
- To monitor for possible fraud and abuse at the polling location.
Poll Watchers guard the electoral process by observing that election officials preserve order and adhere to the rules. Poll Watchers report any inconsistencies, fraud, or abuse. In effect, they ensure qualified residents of the district are allowed to vote.
Poll Watchers are not Election Officers, and Poll Watcher training is different from Election Officer training. The schedule below covers upcoming Poll Watcher training being offered by the FCRC:
- Monday, December 28 at 4:00 PM
- Tuesday, December 30 at 7:30 PM
- Saturday, January 3 at 4:00 PM
- Sunday, January 4 at 4:00 PM
- Monday, January 5 at 7:30 PM